Prev: Re: SV: jee-uu and BattleFleet Gothic (was Re: SV: Full Tilt?) Next: Re: Bio-Forces -- Was: SG2/DS2 help wanted...

Re: Bio-Forces -- Was: SG2/DS2 help wanted...

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 19:54:55 -0800
Subject: Re: Bio-Forces -- Was: SG2/DS2 help wanted...

Alexander Williams wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>
> > All S'V units (space and ground) are bio-constructs; humanity may
never get
> > to see a real Sa'Vasku,

...Snip...(JTL)

> The S'V are not a race or culture at all, but the fleshly /remnants/
of a
> Transcended culture,

...Snip...(JTL)

 Transcend
> biotechnology but no desire to use it (after all, they're not real
minds),
> so kept things running, the homeworld (now, perhaps better refered to
as a
> Cache) clean and everything clean.
>
> Until the Transcend culture became bored and wanted new playmates.

...Snip...(JTL)

> created several smaller TransCaches, like small, mobile homeworlds or
> Berserker base, into which volunteer armies of Transcend minds were
copied
> voluntarily, like an outing to the beach or the front stands at a
stadium.
> The S'V themselves do not, and likely cannot, understand the reasons
> behind what they do; all they know is that they capture the enemy or
take
> his newly dead body (as long as the brain's not terribly damaged), put
it
> into a chamber for a while, and it comes out ready to join the S'V
> biotechs.  For their part, the Transcend are having the time of their
> unending lives.

...Snip...(JTL)

> in the TransCaches are living in near-realtime just to enjoy it more.
>
> Those captured and uploaded don't take long to realize that there are
> numerous advantages to being where they are, essential imortality and
> Godhood are hard to resist.  From time to time, however, the S'V have
> 'release' an uploaded 'Prisoner of War' (who's fully integrated with
the
> Transcend culture already and very unwilling to leave).

...Snip...(JTL)

> Very occasionally, one of the Transcend will actually send a copy out
of
> the Cache to be involved personally in the war in a constructed body,
> whether it be as an infantryman, armour or even a Hordemember.
There's
> nothing that reproduces the feeling of 'being there' more than
actually
> being there.

...Snip...(JTL)

> [Yes, this Transcend culture /was/ developed as a far more interesting
> basis for the Borg than what we ended up with in ST.	Under this
paradigm,
> the post-Borg Jon-Luc Picard is just a pseudo-mind /created/ by the
> original Picard (now happily uploaded into the Borg Collective and
> frollicking with whatever floats his fancy) and was specifically
designed
> to nudge Starfleet down certain paths toward Transcend ...]
>
> --
> [  Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com/zander@photobooks.com}  ]

Alexander,
     With all the transcending going out there, I am very glad that
one of my alien races is catching and canning the Sha'vasku.
(Let them try to transcend that!)
     As far a starfleet is concerned, most of the command staff
has very large personality disorders.

Bye for now,
John L.

By the way, I really did like the Sha'vasku 'history'.