Prev: Strategic Thrust Next: Re: FT: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs

Re: Bio-Forces -- Was: SG2/DS2 help wanted...

From: Robert Crawford <crawford@i...>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 22:38:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Bio-Forces -- Was: SG2/DS2 help wanted...

On Sat, Nov 01, 1997 at 01:44:48PM -0500, Brian Bell wrote:
> Jon et.al.
> I am probably interested mainly in how non-human ground/atmospheric
forces
> interact in DS2.
> I have been using my own version of a bio-tech race in FT, but was
having
> trouble thinking of how they would attack planet-side.

	I just read the fourth book in David Gerrold's "War Against the
Chtorr" series, and I think those books provide a nice map of how a
bio-tech invasion would happen. The aliens haven't landed, as far as
we know. They landed creatures that will out-compete the natives.

	That included a virus and a few plagues, but that doesn't mean
there's no gaming potential. The alien biology forms "nests" that
the humans try to wipe out. A combined forces attack on one of the
nests could be... interesting.

Prev: Strategic Thrust Next: Re: FT: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs