Prev: SFSFW (was Dirtside Mini's) Next: Re: Dirtside Mini's

Re: Miniature Cement

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 07:04:16 -0800
Subject: Re: Miniature Cement

John Menichelli wrote:

> Here's a question I'm hoping the people on this list can help me with:
>
> I've cemented the various Full Thrust ships to their bases using
Inst-Cure+
> (i.e. super glue). [That is, I'm gluing the posts into the holes
drilled in
> the bottom of the ship.] However, it seems that this is a high-stress
> joint, so I'm having to constantly re-glue the posts back onto the
ships.

> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what glue/cement I should use
for a
> better bond?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> John Menichelli		     menichel@pixi.com

John,
     I have been using epoxy to put the 'FT' bases together.
First drilling out the ships mounting hole (also relocating the
hole closer to the center of mass) to about 2/3 times the depth,
and increasing the diameter to almost 150%.
Apply the epoxy to both the mounting pin and hole, wait a couple
minutes, mount and hold in place for a couple more minutes.
When completed you should have a small 'O ring' of epoxy under the
ship.
     Pinning the ship to the base is more secure, but I do not have
the time to use that method.

Bye for now,
John Leary

Prev: SFSFW (was Dirtside Mini's) Next: Re: Dirtside Mini's