Prev: StarBlazers Next: RE: house rules/offline

Re: house rules/offline

From: Paul Calvi <tanker@r...>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 13:15:20 -0700
Subject: Re: house rules/offline

At 04:47 PM 10/15/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I like the idea, and it is realistic but I don't think that because the
>ship is fast and the bigs are big that they should be totaly
uneffective.
>I believe that greatly lowering the chance of a successful hit is a
better
>than making the larger gun worthless.
>
>It would be a sad day when a capital fleet gets torn-up by a fleet with
>nothing but crusiers and scout ships...
>
>my $0.02
>
>CMC

I think it's a great idea and the above is the way to go.

-----
Paul J. Calvi Jr.
tanker@rahul.net

"If I had time...to study war, I think I should concentrate almost
entirely
on the 'actualities of war,' the effects of tiredness, hunger, fear,
lack
of sleep, weather....The principles of strategy and tactics...are
absurdly
simple: it is the actualities t
hat make war so complicated and so difficult, and are usually neglected
by
historians."

--FM Archibald Wavell to B.H. Liddell Hart (as quoted in "Frontsoldaten:
The German Soldier in World War Two" by Stephen G. Fritz.)

Prev: StarBlazers Next: RE: house rules/offline