Prev: Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust Next: Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust

Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust

From: "Steve Pugh" <mafb90@p...>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 10:39:01 +0000
Subject: Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust

> If we have the tech to put rail guns on aerospace and ground
> vehicles, why are the Kra'vak the only ones to use them on
> starships.  It would seem a natural evolution as would the armoring
> of a ship.

Hmm, interesting one. It must be a targetting issue. As railguns are
slower than light the time to target will be much longer than for
lasers. Thus they require better targetting solutions. So maybe, the
Kra'vak developed better sensors and computers than we did. Maybe
moving over to railguns would be the next logical step for us, but we
ran into the Kra'vak before that occurred.

If the Kra'vak do have better tragetting systems this could be
represented in DSII by giving superior firecons to a greater
percentage of their forces.

	Cheers,
		Steve

 I never answer letters and you don't like my tie."  - The Doctor

Stephen Richard Pugh	 http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16

Prev: Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust Next: Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust