Prev: Re: Sa'vasku Next: Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust

Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust

From: campbelr@p...
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 09:22:00 +0000
Subject: Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust

 Stuart Murray <smurray@aecom.yu.edu> said:

> I thought that railguns were slower then particle beams, soooo.. in
theory
> the particle beam armed ship should be able to shoot down the railgun
armed
> ship, plus intercept the incomming railgun rounds before the rail gun
armed
> ship has a good chance to retaliate.	However, in FT this is no  so.

Just FYI. The Particle beam ship could shoot down the Rail gun ship,
yes. It would howevr have a reaaly bad time shooting down the Rail
gun round. PB's are not that great against inert metal, which is all
a rail gun round is. Unless they use metal banded polymers as a
round, the PB's may be more effecttive against those.

My .02 credits
Randy
Randy Campbell

For Something Out of This World
Check Out:  http://www.millennial.org

Prev: Re: Sa'vasku Next: Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust