Prev: RE: PDS - Super Rapid Fire Guns Next: Re: Faster Than Light Travel

RE: PDS - Super Rapid Fire Guns == ScatterPack

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 15:26:30 +0100
Subject: RE: PDS - Super Rapid Fire Guns == ScatterPack

On Friday, September 26, 1997 2:09 PM, Haun, Gilles, SSG
[SMTP:haung@Eustis-EMH10.army.mil] wrote:
>the problem is in the
>volume of fire it sends forth and space needed for storage of ammo.  If
>a scaled down version could be created with a denser bullet, I'd
imagine
>it could rip a missile apart in no time from the ground. As it stands,
>believe the smallest calibur used is 20mm (a vulcan).

I think the calibre is about 9 - 10 mm, the ammo is stored in the gun
barrel.

>> Maybe I'm wrong here, but isn't this the basis for the scattergun
pack
> in FT used by the Kra-vak except it isn't linked to a targeting
> computer.

Yes - I hadn't made that connection - but its probably the same thing
The Metal Storm is a one shot weapon like the scatter pack.

The only system like it in DS2 is the SLAM but thats missiles not
slugs.

sincerely
tim jones
--
The stars are matter, We're matter, But it doesn't matter.

Prev: RE: PDS - Super Rapid Fire Guns Next: Re: Faster Than Light Travel