Prev: Re:realistic fleets Next: Flags

Re:realistic fleets

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 18:43:29 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re:realistic fleets

What a strange question for a miniatures games mailing list!

If you're using UNIX, the "-p" flag should preserve the permissions.
>From the SunOS man page for cp (1):

     -p, --preserve
	  Preserve the original files' owner, group, permissions,
	  and timestamps.

     -R, --recursive
	  Copy directories recursively.

If you're using a different flavor of UNIX, you should read the man page
to see if the same flags will work.

--
Rick Rutherford ----- rickr@digex.net ----- The above opinions are mine.
"I've seen collisions on fire off the side of the ethernet LAN.

All these things will be lost in time, like dropped packets. Time to
die."

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Brian Burger wrote:
>      Quick question:
>
>      I have to copy multiple directories (most of which are shared)
from