Prev: RE: BIG fleets. Next: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED)

Re: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED)

From: Jerry Han <jhan@i...>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 21:41:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED)

Why is it always 'thin air'? Why can't it be 'fat air'? 'Mostly fit but
could lose a few pounds air'? wrote:

> >> What if Kra'vak are sensitive to radio? What if radio causes
> >> intense migraines in Kra'vak? Kra'vak would then tend not to...
> [...]
> >AFAIK, according to the offical background, the Kra'vak did fire
> >first...but given the idea of migraines thru radio freqs, I can't say
> >blame them - if someone hit my ship with something that gave the
whole
> >crew headaches, I think I'd shoot back...
>
> The *only* problem with the radio waves idea is....space is fraught
> with radio waves already. Stars, nebulae, whole galaxies give off
> a lot of radio waves.
>
> It would kinda suck to be susceptible to radio waves when your parent
> star tends to emit those sort of things...
>
> (but as an idea for other....things/items/whatnot being the Achilles
> Heel to alien races, this could something that might be fun to
explore)

Something to take a look at:  Timothy Zahn's Conquerors series.
Very nicely written three book trilogy, with something along these
lines...

J.

--
*** Jerry Han - jhan@idigital.net - http://www.idigital.net/jhan ***
  I saw that friend of mine, he said, 'You look different somehow'

Prev: RE: BIG fleets. Next: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED)