Prev: Heredetary links in the military Next: Re: Faster Than Light Travel

Re: Faster Than Light Travel

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 07:20:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Faster Than Light Travel

At 01:52 PM 9/12/97 +0100, micheal wrote:

>> Aren't the effects of gravity supposed to be effective immediately
>> across distance?  So could you postulate some sort of gravitational
>> signal that would be instantaneous?

	From what I understand Gravity is not instantaneous and in fact
follows
waves of a speed of c.	In an alderson universe, Alderson waves coincide
with gravity waves but must be joined by other energy releases.
Therefore,
a black hole with no mass to consume must get something to eat to
generate
the alderson point as illustrated in the story "He fell into a dark
hole."

Prev: Heredetary links in the military Next: Re: Faster Than Light Travel