Prev: Re: The FASA RPG Weapon List (correction) Next: Re: Diverse Aliens (Was Re: Star Trek background - Reply)

Re: PBEM FT Tools?

From: Jonathan Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 03:35:15 -0400
Subject: Re: PBEM FT Tools?

Adrian Bruce wrote:

> Have FTMAP, Perl, Microsoft Works, VC++, Claris Works , Java kits,
> Director and those type of tools, so is there anything useable with
any
> of that for making a *beginners* PbeM game??

There are a number of Excel spreadsheets that have been developed for
PBeM games.  Dean Gundberg developed one for the Deneb Clash.  I had
one for my first tournament.  I've improved mine with some of Dean's
formulas for my second tournament and added other refinements.	You
can obtain it from http://www.albany.net/~davis/ft.

The Full Thrust PBeM scene is quiet right now.	I know that another call
for players was issued several weeks ago but I haven't heard any follow
up report on that game.  Is it still active?  Is there any Web support
for it?

> Any body ever heard of PBem DSII and Ogre games either???

I've played the Ogre and GEV board games via e-mail using an honor
system
for dice rolls.  But I haven't played for about 4 or 5 years.

I don't know of anyone attempting a PBeM DSII game.  It seems to me that
SGII would be easier to run or play than DSII over e-mail.

> --
>	  Adrian Bruce	 adrian@inetc.roland.co.jp
>	  Science Fiction Fantasy Design and Implementation
>	  SF2D&I http://www.inetc.roland.co.jp/~adrian/

Definitely a very cool page!  Your own scratch built models are
impressive.  Nice work.

Jon

Prev: Re: The FASA RPG Weapon List (correction) Next: Re: Diverse Aliens (Was Re: Star Trek background - Reply)