Prev: Re: Faster Than Light Travel Next: Re: The FASA RPG Weapon List (correction)

The FASA RPG Weapon List

From: trapper <trapper@n...>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 03:13:02 -0400
Subject: The FASA RPG Weapon List

OK,here's the list of weapons from FASA's old Doctor Who RPG. I don't
have
Star Grunt II,so I can't really compare weapons (i.e. "A Doctor Who
Staser
Pistol is like a Star Grunt X),but hopefully by comparing the different
weapons (Dr Who stats versus SG stats) you can work something out. In
other
words,if you see that a Doctor Who staser does twice as much damage as a
machine gun,you can figure how much a staser would do in Stargrunt by
using
the Stargrunt stats for a pistol. Whatever.
   Damage is based on a D6 roll. Average humans can take about 20 points
of
damage before becoming incapacitated.
   Here's where it gets complex (this game has a horrible rules
system,ugh):
On the weapons table below,whenever it says 'A' under the damage
header,you're supposed to use a table and cross-reference a couple of
die
results. Here's the table:

Weapon Group				Damage Column
Energy / Firearms / Melee		   Dice roll
				  1   2   3   4   5   6
********
*	    *	      1 	  1   2   3   4   5   6
*	    1	      2 	  7   8   9  10  11  12
1	    2	      3 	 13  14  15  16  18  20
2	    3	      4 	 21  22  23  24  26  28
3	    4	      5 	 29  30  31  32  34  36
4	    5	      6 	 37  38  39  40  42  44
5	    6			 45  46  47  48  50  52
6				 53  54  55  56  58  60

So if I shoot someone with a Staser pistol,a class A Energy weapon,I
roll
two dice. The first D6 tells me how far down the chart I am,and the
second
tells me how far over. So if I shoot someone with said Staser,and I roll
a 6
and a 2,I did 54 points of damage to 'em. If I was using a machine gun
(a
firearm and not an energy weapon),I would've 'only' done 46 points of
damage.

OK,now to the good stuff. Range is in meters,and broken down into
Point-Blank, Short,Medium,Long and Extreme.
Weapon Type		Damage		Range
					(PB/S/M/L/E)
PISTOLS:
Flintlock Pistol	2D6		 1/10/20/40/60
Revolver/Automatic	4D6		 1/10/25/40/75
Magnum			A		 1/10/25/40/75
Blaster 		A		 1/5/12/25/45
Laser			A		 1/6/15/35/60
Staser			A		 1/10/24/60/100
Disruptor		A		 1/10/22/55/90
Particle Beam		A		 1/30/60/100/150

RIFLES:
Flintlock		4D6		1/10/25/40/75
Rifle			4D6		1/30/100/200/300
Semi-Automatic		4D6		1/30/100/200/300
Blaster 		A		1/10/25/60/90
Laser			A		1/15/40/100/200
Particle Beam		A		1/30/200/250/300
Disruptor		A		1/12/35/80/150

SHOTGUNS:
Blunderbuss		A		1/10/20/40/80
Shotgun 		A		1/1/25/50/100

MACHINE GUNS:
SubMachineGun		A		1/15/45/80/120
Machine Gun		A		1/50/150/300/500

FYI,Daleks are considered to use Disruptor Rifles in combat,while
Cybermen
use Blaster rifles. Daleks can take up to a maximum of 24 points of
damage,and Cybermen can take about 40 (less if you're using gold weapons
against them,of course). Again,humans can usually take about 20 points
of
damage.
   Hopefully those interested in Doctor Who will be able to create
something
workable out of the above. Good luck!

-trapper

Prev: Re: Faster Than Light Travel Next: Re: The FASA RPG Weapon List (correction)