Prev: Re: StarGrunts II Squad Generation Point system [long] Next: Hello

StarGrunts: Sniper anb character Costs

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 04:52:31 -0400
Subject: StarGrunts: Sniper anb character Costs

Hello,
	Here are some thoughts of mine on how to price snipers and
characters in
SGII using DSII point costs system.

Weapons chart
Weapon				Fire Power	Impact		Costs
Conventional Sniper Rifle	D10		D10		2
Gauss Sniper Rifle		D10		D12		3
Laser Sniper Rifle		D12		D8		2
Heavy Anti-Material Rifle	D8		2D12		5

	To generate a Sniper first buy all of his equipment including
armor,
sniper weapons, etc from the original charts.  Total them up and double
them.  Then multiply this by his quality die cost from the original
charts.
 Then add the leadership cost.
	For example a sniper with Partial Light armor (1.0), 8 inch
scout
movement(1.0) and a Gauss Sniper rifle (3) costs 5.0 double this for 10.
We'll make him an Elite sniper for a quality die of D12 (2.0).	He now
costs 20 points but we also want him to have a leaderdship role of 1 and
act as an independant squad (leadership rating C which costs 30).  His
grand total is 50.  By all accounts he will be worth every point.
	Next, we'll have to see how a sniper from SG would effect a DSII
game...

	Heroes would use the same cost algorithm, but have special
abilites.  For
those abillities that can be replicated by standard equipment, use
those.
	For example, a Jedi knight with his special abilites would
replicate a
Heavy armor of D12 (6), Scout movement of 4 inches (1.0), a squad
assault
rifle (4.0) and a light saber (2.0) costs 13 doubled to 26  He just got
of
his rock world and is a regular guy for a multiple of 1.4.  Now he cost
26*1.4 =37. Now we make him capable of leading a platoon as a 2 type
leader
(leadership C) for an additional 30 points for a grand total of 67.  The
hero can roll against his quality die to do things like pick locks, add
an
additonal die roll to spot things, etc.

	Your input would be greatly apreciated.
		Phil

Prev: Re: StarGrunts II Squad Generation Point system [long] Next: Hello