Prev: Re: Star Maps Next: Re: Cover in Dirtside II

Re: Mounting fighters

From: The Caldwells <clcaldwell@p...>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 21:06:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Mounting fighters

At 10:24 AM 8/21/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm finally getting around to dealing with the fighter minis for FT and
am
>looking for some ideas on mounting.  Personally, I'm tossing the
Geo-hex

(bnitsche@u.washington.edu)
>	hobbit			Oceanography, University of Washington

I finally finished mounting my first set of 12 fighters this weekend.  I
broke them into 4 groups of 3 -- looks like a squadron, but you get
twice
the groups as mounting them 6 to a base.

You may think this crazy, but darn it looks good!  I used a vice pin
drill
to drill a small hole in the back of each fighter (where the engine
would
be).  Then I formed a stand of wire and glued the whole thing to a
plasticard base.

The wire inserted into each fighter was then painted a graduated orange
yellow exhaust.

Took about two hours to get all the bases done.  I actually completed
the
project in three, but I really didn't get much done while the Babylon 5
rerun was on!

Nick Caldwell
clcaldwell@primary.net

Prev: Re: Star Maps Next: Re: Cover in Dirtside II