Prev: Re: Stars (was: RE: [OFFICIAL] Background thoughts(Size of Human Space)) Next: Re: CALL TO U.N.S.C.!!

Re: A bad place for a laser hit!

From: "EPICS: Self-Guided Wilderness Tours" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 17:43:37 -0400
Subject: Re: A bad place for a laser hit!

><<much ugly math snipped regarding calculating star distances>>
>
>Anyone who can come up with a neat util to go along with any ST rules I
>will reward hansomely -- haven't seen math like that since Math 12 -
which
>I dropped...I'm all for automation of that part of the strategic game,
and
>I imagine I'm not alone...

Ugly?? Ugly??? That was *simple*!!

You want ugly? Introduce proper motion, fit an orbit relative to
the rest of the galaxy, in addition to a ton of other bits and
pieces. Enter differential calculus, relatavistic equations,
quantum stuff. Fine-tune things to include individual members of
star clusters, too. Oh, and points of a nebula ('member, nebulae
that you can see with your nekkid eye are *lightyears* across)

And he calls the earlier stuff 'ugly'...

;-)

Mk
-
ENEMY WANTED: Mature, lone, North American superpower seeks hostile
nation
for arms racing, third world conflicts, threat inflation, mirror-imaging
and general bellicose posturing. Must be sufficiently menacing to
frighten
more money from Congress. Nuclear capability preferred, chem-bio or
near-nuclear considered. Technologically backward, yet fierce applicants
will also be considered. Must be able to taunt, harangue and bluster in
local
and international media markets. Location: Earth, anywhere, preferrably
near
strategic petroleum deposits, major population or economic centers.
Please
reply with picture of chanting troops, tank battalions, atrocities,
screaming
fighters, etc, to: The Pentagon, Washington, D.C., U.S.A. Pre-emptive
attacks
welcomed. Please, no micro-cell terrorists.

Prev: Re: Stars (was: RE: [OFFICIAL] Background thoughts(Size of Human Space)) Next: Re: CALL TO U.N.S.C.!!