Prev: 3D Spaceship COmbat (Was: Re: Star Maps and SPI) Next: Cover in Dirtside II

Cover in Dirtside II

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 13:57:58 -0400
Subject: Cover in Dirtside II

Hi All,

I played Dirtside II last week with a couple of people who hadn't played
before, and one of them came up with an interesting question:
Why don't smaller vehicles get better protection than larger vehicles
from being in cover?

I assumed that the "add a d6 defense die for soft cover, and a d8 for
hard cover" rule was made for the sake of keeping it simple, but it got
me
thinking: why not use the size of the vehicle to determine the size of
the
defense die given? If you ignore the effects of stealth systems, then
the defense die of the vehicle would look like this:

Vehicle 	Defense Die	Defense Die
Size		Soft Cover	Hard Cover
Very Small	d12		d12
Small		d10		d12
Medium		d8		d10
Large		d6		d8
Very Large	d4		d6

I don't remember if this has been discussed here before -- what do you
think?

--
Rick Rutherford ----- rickr@digex.net ----- The above opinions are mine.
"I've seen collisions on fire off the side of the ethernet LAN.

All these things will be lost in time, like dropped packets. Time to
die."

Prev: 3D Spaceship COmbat (Was: Re: Star Maps and SPI) Next: Cover in Dirtside II