Prev: Re: Allegiance Next: RE: DS2 Targeting Issues

Re: Madison Nightmare (Geopolitics in Jon's Universe)

From: s953273@a... (Loki)
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 20:14:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Madison Nightmare (Geopolitics in Jon's Universe)

>From Brian

<snip>

>Someone in this thread (the geopolitics thread, not the Madison one)
>mentioned the Scandanavian countries, and their fate. How about a
>Scandanavian Commonwealth or similar composed of Norway, Sweden,
Denmark &
>Finland? I don't know that they've got enough in common with the NSL to
>join them, the ESU was prohibited by the old EU from coming further
west,
>and geographically the FSE makes little sense. So the Scandanavian
>countries could well be a seperate unit of their own...Vikings in
space,
>anyone?? :)

	Ohh baby.. now that gives me some ideas, maybe they took to the
stars and 'reclaimed' their heritage.  Ohh, the fun that could be had
with
that, 'Viking' marauders in 'longboats' plundering up and down the
border of
the more 'civilised' (in their opinion) empires.  I can hear a beer and
pretzels session coming on......  maybe I can get some horns for my
ships.	:)

	Or you could do an 'alternate timeline' thing, out of interest,
do
many people use alternate histories?  You know, the Egyptian's, facing
off
against the Roman Empire or something.	About the only history I
remember
comes from Asterix and Obelix, been a long time since I did history.

Loki

Life is a comedy to those who think,
A tragedy to those who feel.
	  Denton

Loki
s953273@student.macarthur.uws.EDU.AU
University  of Western Sydney - Macarthur
Australia

Prev: Re: Allegiance Next: RE: DS2 Targeting Issues