Prev: Re: Stategic Thrust Next: Re: Obscenities...

Re: Hibernia Forever

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 13:58:31 -0400
Subject: Re: Hibernia Forever

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997 ngilsena@indigo.ie wrote:

> > Well I too have a major NSL fleet so I guess that from that I am a
supporter
> > of them.
> >
> > >Anyone else?  And do we have any seconders for the Hibernian
> > >republic?	Free Guinness  to all who support it.
> >
> > Free Guinness? Got all my support then. No way they'd ever join the
fascist
> > NAC. I actually have a few NAC ships that I intend to paint up as
Irish
> > Mercernaries that I've never got around to painting, but now I just
might. I
> > even have a few tiny guinness pictures that I could put on them.
Hmmmmm.....

> >		     Colonel Abrahms, 22nd Oceania Regiment
> >		      "He dosen't know what he wants.
> >			      He's Insane"
> >		    email J.Stephensen@fbs.gu.edu.au
>
> Oh dear...Well I doubt we'd have anymore than a few light cruisers in
> this fleet.  A few celtic symbols might be more appropriate.
> Of ourse all payment for these mercenaries would have to be in liquid
> form.   I must admit I always tought Ireland would probably be more
> likely to be FSE (European Union) than NAC.  Not that that should
> stop anyone.
> -----------------------------
> Niall Gilsenan,
> Dublin Institute of Technology,
> College of Catering and Tourism,
> Cathal Brugha St, Dublin 1,
> Ireland.

I was thinking that like the Dutch, the Irish took advantage of the
collapse of the old EU to re-assert total independance. There are some
historical ties between Ireland and France, but I don't know how much
those ties will matter in the 21st/22nd Centuries. (I don't know how
much
they matter now, for that matter...)

As for Irish space vessel insignia: Celtic is cool, and alot of the
other
ideas are pretty silly for warships (Guiness logos, shamrocks, etc).
Maybe
for Irish-registered commercial vessels, but warships? I mentioned the
golden harp as an insignia, but I'm not sure.

Any actual Irish out on the list want to comment? Just my $.02...

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)

Prev: Re: Stategic Thrust Next: Re: Obscenities...