Prev: Re: FT Ship Designations - OU Next: Re: What I want (really!)

Weber tech, was Re: Obscenities...

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 10:02:50 -0400
Subject: Weber tech, was Re: Obscenities...

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Rodrick Campbell wrote:

> I just returned from vacation and I find my mailbox full of these
> "bad languge" headlines. Could we talk some games now, please?
Perrhaps
> spend our time and computer memory constructively?
>
>	Has anyone out there read David Weber and Steve White's
> Insurrection and Crusade? More to the point, what are some of your
> thoughts on the Theban's samurai sleds and x-ray lasers?

...apart from the Starfire module "Crusade" and the hopefully
soon to be electronically published "Insurrection" module?

Samurai sleds are probably best handled by More Thrust's boarding
rules - they already talk about boarding pods, so why not... In
the Starfire background they come as a shock for everyone; in most
other backgrounds they don't.

X-ray lasers (Starfire abbreviation "Lx") - and, talking about
lasers, the TFN hetlasers (HET) too - are heavy beam weapons. In the
Starfire game (and thus the background these two novels are set in),
lasers ignore shields. The Lx has a tendency to blow the mounting
ship up once in a while; we have toned that down a bit, so the normal
AA battery burnout rules in More Thrust seem appropriate for it.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: FT Ship Designations - OU Next: Re: What I want (really!)