Prev: Re: SG - New Israeli's _ Eureka Miniatures Next: Re: BAD LANGUAGE/OFF TOPIC

Re: Stargrunt II Transport

From: "Steve Pugh" <mafb90@p...>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 16:27:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Stargrunt II Transport

Sprayform wrote:
>I wrote:
>
> >I'd always assumed that the Phalanx and Wombat crews were likewise
> >not part of the squads. I looked at the stats, saw "Crew: 2" and
> >"Troop Spaces: 16 (or 8)" and assumed that the crew were separate.
> >
> Yes ,but is it then 16 troop spaces including or excluding the crew
> positions? (I would tend to think it the latter on the basis of the
> NSL LKPzW VI, which I thought was to counter balance the smaller
> squad)

Excluding. The rules clearly state on page 32 that "Vehicle CREWS ...
do NOT cost capacity points"

the LKPzW VI just has two extra capacity points when it's
transporting an ordinary Panzergrendier squad. Perhaps the line
infantry of the NSL (the ones without full body armour) are organised
in eight man squads?

> >> (Can the vehicle leader take control of  the squad if their
> >> leader becomes interested in real estate?)
> >
> >No. The vehicle leader is not a part of the squad.
>
> So, although it has its own quality die for actions, its not
> recognised as a command capable?

Well, as someone else pointed out, the APCs should really be
organised into their own command structure with their own leader.

I meant that the Vehicle commander can't just take over as if he was
the deputy squad leader. He can act as any other NCO figure would in
that situation. Do the rules allow the squad leader of one squad to
take over another squad when it loses its squad leader? I can't
remember and a quick flick through the book doesn't help.

In the end it depends on your OOB. If the vehicle crew is part of the
squad then the APC commander will probably be the deputy squad leader
anyway if current practice is continued. If the APCs form their own
unit, then I doubt the APC commander could get the squad to do
anything other than jump in the APC and leg it.
It all depends on how good your force is at communicating orders
sideways through the chain of command as well as up and down it.

	Steve

 I never answer letters and you don't like my tie."  - The Doctor

Stephen Richard Pugh	 http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16

Prev: Re: SG - New Israeli's _ Eureka Miniatures Next: Re: BAD LANGUAGE/OFF TOPIC