Prev: RE: Stargrunt II Transport Next: RE: What I want (really!)

Re: BAD LANGUAGE/OFF TOPIC

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 06:29:14 -0400
Subject: Re: BAD LANGUAGE/OFF TOPIC

>   I should start by mentioning that I agree that the message was off
> topic, and that it was poorly written.  This does not distinguish it
> from many other messages on this list.  If we really are all
> "reasonably adult" I think we have all heard these words before and
> need not get our panties in a bunch when we hear them again.

By reasonably adult I mean language that is POLITE and usable in
professional mixed audiences. Using bad language to express oneself,
while colorful, can hardly be considered appropriate.

 >It's
> amusing to me that members of this list (famed for its civility) would
> never dream of criticizing even the most idiotic game idea but are
> quite quick to criticize those using expressive language.

Where have you been? And who are we to pass judgement on someone's
creative ideas in anything other than play balance? Content is an
issue that reaches far beyond an individual's conceptualization of
idiocy. Several Flame wars erupted on the topic of Railguns alone!!
I doubt it is too much to ask that "expressive language" be kept at a
minimum. And I do appreciate the offender's apology-it shows
forthrightness and genuine feeling- quite appropriate for our group.

> -joachim
>
> PS besides I think it's spelled "fucke" in England.

HA!! I always thought it was Fewk.....;-)

Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.
A Producer of 3D Entertainment Software

"Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Prev: RE: Stargrunt II Transport Next: RE: What I want (really!)