Prev: Points System for StarGrunts II Next: Re: BAD LANGUAGE/OFF TOPIC

RE: Stargrunt II Transport

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 06:27:34 -0400
Subject: RE: Stargrunt II Transport

Well you are playing it by the suggested organisation.

Although that sounds more in line with Mech Inf who have the APC as an
integral part of the squad. One of the squad/section is the Crew
Commander (in OZ generally the sect 2IC) and the vehicle acts as part of
the squad.

>From my experience, when troops 'debus' they generally stay relatively
close to the vehicle using it as a fire platform; in SG maintaining unit
integrity within the 6" circle or 2" spacing. That is how the vehicle
should be used in most assaults; the APC moving up with but either
behind or to a flank of the section.

Which makes you wonder about the NSL Panzergrenadiers. They by rights
should NOT be allowed the freedom of movement of the vehicles as the APC
should be integral to the squad. And with the NAC, the APCs should have
their own separate command chain with, say, the APC Section/Squad Leader
in the vehicle that carries the Marine Platoon Commander.