Prev: Re: Mounting fighters Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]

Re: Changing Die Types

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 23:09:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Changing Die Types

At 02:05 PM 8/27/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone on the list experimented with using a different die type
than
>a D6? I've been thinking about changing to a D10 or D20, so that I can
>use more dice modifiers. As the system stands, you can only mess with
>the dice rolls only so much (mods for shields, armor, etc.) so grafting
>"Lock-on" ECM rules is a little difficult.

I haven't thought about it. The system as it is is pretty fast paced.
You
can do a reasonably sized fleet action in 3 hours, which is what I like
about it. I'd hate to slow it down with die mods.

That having been said, you might be better off using d12s. A d12 is
simple
to convert from a d6 (just double the numbers and round; a "6" to hit on
d6 becomes an "11" or "12" to hit on a d12) and you still have room to
add
die mods.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Mounting fighters Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]