Prev: Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest Next: Re: Will GZG be at Euro Gencon?

Re: Computer System Survey

From: "Chris McCurry" <CMCCURR@v...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 12:35:31 -0400
Subject: Re: Computer System Survey

> OK, that's two requests (the other from Tim) but does anybody have a
>good idea of how to actually go about this?  Just squeezing all the
>components into a stock outline might not be so hard but making it
>look "nice" seems like it would be difficult.
>-joachim

The Way I've almost always done my ship diagrams  is without an out line
of
the ship. (i.e. just the systems and damage track).

This way people could use the generator for and flavored universe they
choose not just FT universe.

the way to setup the placement of the systems isn't hard at all...

although it is hard to describe...

* Usually guns are at the front of the ship so no problem there.
* At the rear start with the Thrust rating, then the FTL diagram
* the Damage track and Fire controls (based on class)  these could be
part
of the same graphic
* from there all that is left is weapons and equipment.
     put the non-damage causing systems in the rear and the damage
causing
in the front.
* no out line

and val-ha
instant FT ship diagram.

my $0.02

CMC

Prev: Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest Next: Re: Will GZG be at Euro Gencon?