Prev: Re: 121st Marine Reaction Co. Next: Re: Strategic Thrust

Re: 121st Marine Reaction Co.

From: John Skelly <jskelly@i...>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 17:29:32 -0400
Subject: Re: 121st Marine Reaction Co.

In Canada it goes something like this (its been a while since I carried
the radio):

Say you're talking to someone on the radio and you want the guy in
charge to get on the handset you ask for it like this:
	"3-2 this is 3-2a fetch your Sunray, over"
For the 2ic:
	"3-2 this is 3-2a fetch your Sunray Minor, over"

Of course exact syntax can vary.  In the above 3 is the company, 2 the
the platoon and a the section.	In an infantry battalion net the numbers
go like this: 1-4 infantry companies, 5 mortar platoon, 6 recce platoon,
7 anti-armour platoon, 8 the support battalion and 9 is hq. It seems
that Australian and Canadian are pretty close.