Prev: Re: Hammer's Slammers [VERY LONG POST!] Next: Re: HAVOK - a kick in the a** for GW...?

RE: Naval Units

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:19:52 -0400
Subject: RE: Naval Units

I think that the term "Naval unit" is pretty fluid - it can be used for
almost any grouping of ships, from a flotilla of escorts to a full
assault
task force. To confuse everything further, individual ships are often
referred to as "units" in their own right, especially capital ships.
Squadrons, flotillas, taskforces and fleets are a little more specific,
but
even these terms vary widely in different navies and time periods, and
very
seldom define a specific number or type of ships - they are more ad-hoc
formations put together for a particular mission or purpose, to which
ships
may be attached or detached as necessary.

Sorry if this doesn't help much!!

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Hammer's Slammers [VERY LONG POST!] Next: Re: HAVOK - a kick in the a** for GW...?