Prev: Re: Comments needed on Computer Aides Next: Paper miniatures (was re: Eldar in DS II)

Re: Flank Speed sources

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 11:21:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Flank Speed sources

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Tim Jones wrote:

> What two novels?
>
> For modern surface ships the old Harpoon data annexes are pretty good.
>
> Janes?

David Drake has written two novels of naval warfare set on an oceanic
Venus.	They are titled "Surface Action" and "The Jungle".  The second
contains Henry Kuttner's original story "Clash by Night" which is where
Drake draws his background from.  The stories include naval ships
ranging
in size from superbattleships with 18" guns to 2-man flitter boats armed
with machine cannon.  Aircraft are nearly non-existant due to the
presence
of lasers and railguns and have been turned into stealth gliders used
for
long range scouting.  THere is mention of submarines but so far they
have
not played a major role in any of the battles.	Details of the ships is
pretty sketchy, although I suppose I can just modify some modern ships.
Notably absent are missiles, supposedly due to the high rate of fire
from
the CIWS railguns.

--Binhan

Prev: Re: Comments needed on Computer Aides Next: Paper miniatures (was re: Eldar in DS II)