Prev: RE: Berets and other head varients. Next: Oceanic Union Page Updated.

Re: Painting Advice

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 01:13:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Painting Advice

At 10:56 AM 8/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a bunch of figures (old Grenadier Future Warriors) that have
Negroid
>type facial features, I plan to try to paint these with 'black' skin
tones
>but at the moment I'm struggling.  Does anyone have suggestions for
>painting 'black' tones ?
>
>Stuart.
>

>Stuart Murray

	You could try using a dark, blueish or purplish undercoat, at
least
in the usual shadowed
areas, and much lighter, reddish tones to model the face and hands and
(especially) highlight.

The highlights can be _much_  lighter than one might expect.

	Also, kill the white used for teeth and (especially) eyes a good
bit
more than for a european,
to avoid them standing out too much.  Remember to lighten the skin shade
on
the palms.

cheers,
Rob Paul

"
Rob Paul
Dept. of Zoology
University of Oxford
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124

rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk

Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!
"

Prev: RE: Berets and other head varients. Next: Oceanic Union Page Updated.