Prev: FT variations for Young People Next: Re: Scratchbuilt Fleets

RE: Berets and other head varients.

From: "George,Eugene M" <Eugene.M.George@k...>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 16:01:32 -0400
Subject: RE: Berets and other head varients.

><<I wonder, this is SF where the high tech battle field rules?  What
about
>the
>radio R/T, infra red pop down interface, helmet cam, built in map
projector (
>with the "you are here red arrow!), ammo status, magna gogles, aural
>magnifier, em detector, etc.
>
>In the High Tech battlefield the elite troops would be the ones with
helmets
>and the militia would be the ones without.
Tom Hughes >>

Pfc. Hoskins crouched silently in the bush, sweating in the overweight
laughably named 'cool' suit. The freezon-12 can had run out at least two
weeks ago, along with the batteries for the chil-pak on his newfangled
MPPG, forcing him to fire it in semi-auto mode only. He groaned as he
carefully removed the newlar "squat-pot" off his head and used the high
tech helmet for what it did best, provide a stable seat during the long
ambushes in the bush. At least the Indig militia had those old steel
pots that could hold water for shaving or a quick cat-cat bath in the
field. Hell, the Ell-tee had traded his cool-suit to a gadget-hungry
Indie Captain for a set of the local's cammies and a bottle of coconanna
hooch weeks ago. Maybe some of the new lightweight battle dress would