Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc. Next: Re: Metal minis vs. Plastic

Re: FT variations for Young People

From: "Jon Holloway" <jholloway@m...>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 09:27:51 -0400
Subject: Re: FT variations for Young People

     You may just try using the basic rules, and then decide which
optional
     rules if any you guy's want to use, my son has had little problem
with
     the rules (less than some adults I play with). And actually prefers
     use the fighter rules and other optional rules. He also whips me
     regularly and is one of the more challenging opponents for FT/MT I
     have had. Kids make excellent opponents if they can focus on the
game
     as they are not out to prove they are Admirals, or naval experts.
They
      just want to blow your fleet to space dust. And isn't that the way
it
     is supposed to be?

					      Semper Fi
						 Jon

_________________________________
Subject: FT variations for Young People
Author:  FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk at MEMCPSMTP
Date:	 8/12/97 6:25 AM

Hi all,

I've been playing with FT, DSII , Ogre and other stuff, but only have my
11 year

old son to play with.  Pre-writting orders doesn't work. Measuring stuff
is not
so clean so I've been using hex grids ( I know everyone here hates that
for
miniatures, but it is 'simple'!).

Any one have 'young people' house rules that really work????

My son beats me with what we are doing, but it isn't that much fun for
me...

--
	Adrian Bruce   adrian@inetc.roland.co.jp
     SF2D&I http://www.inetc.roland.co.jp/~adrian/

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc. Next: Re: Metal minis vs. Plastic