Prev: RE: Scratchbuilt Fleets Next: Re: FT variations for Young People

Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc.

From: "Chris McCurry" <CMCCURR@v...>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 09:10:09 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc.

>I agree. It seems GW's rules quality, instead of maturing with
 >experience, just gets worse. Almost everywhere there seems to be
nothing
 >but contempt for this "epic 40K".

I like the newer epic 40K,  it's a change from the up in your face, here
comes my super character/unit.	"my space wolfs are better than your
white
scars because i have a higher WS...

The new system is from more of a strategically point of view.  I tend to
like the large scale.

As far as GW goes...  in my opinion they have a lot to learn about
making
games from a gamers pov.  They know how to make money already.	But, it
seems that the only reason that they are still going strong is because
of
it's occult following.	I admit that even I play most all GW games
because
that's what other gamers in the area play...  It's no fun playing DSII
by
my self.  I love the GZG idea's the generic kind or flavor so that I can
play any way I want.  But, it's hard to convince players to set down a
game
that they are used to and open up to new ones, especially when they have
300+ dollars per army invested.

I think that with Star Grunt and Dirt Side GZG has made a move on 40K
and
Epic being the same scales (give or take) and being able to utilize your
existing miniatures.  Materials needed are not expensive and you can go
as
you like, any setting, any time.

I've used parts or DSII and most of FT for many Epic/40K campaigns  FT
for
the planet to planet fight... (in the warp/ out the warp) and epic / DS
for
the large scale combat.. plus you can still have that great leader
character Rangnar...

What it comes down to is that gamers should open their mind and take all
the best from every game put it together to make an experience...

$0.02 worth

CMC

Prev: RE: Scratchbuilt Fleets Next: Re: FT variations for Young People