Prev: Decals Next: RE: A Different Missile System for Full Thrust

RE: damn super dreadnoughts

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 15:34:57 -0400
Subject: RE: damn super dreadnoughts

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, ROBERTSON,Brendan wrote:

> A single salvo of 3 Needle missiles should usually do the trick, on
> average, only one will be shot down & you have 2 x 50% chances of
> destroying a shield (which cannot be repaired by Damage control
> parties).

IF you can reliably connect with 3 missiles (or more), the regular kind
IMHO win. 21 points damage, average, screws up anyone under supership.

Fighter squadrons with aces are nice, but the chance is too small to be
relied on.

Personally, I'm thinking of disallowing 3 screens, or making them
much more expensive. As things stand, you've got capitals with 3 screens

and you've got crappy capital designs unable to withstand fire.

Pretty much likewise for Scr-2 cruisers...

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Decals Next: RE: A Different Missile System for Full Thrust