Prev: Re: Seeking some scenery help Next: Replies to lots of stuff.....

bases for scratch built ships

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 23:42:11 -0400
Subject: bases for scratch built ships

I just found a couple of nifty things to use for bases!
(You know...the little posty things they sit on...)

The first, I just encountered, is called a "bow tack".	It is used by
ribbon bow and rose making gadgets.  The "tack" is to keep the ribbon
held togather.	Anyway it is about 1/2" tall, made of clear plastic.  I
heard these are available at craft stores in the bow making section.  My
source says: You should be able to get about a hundred "bow tacks" for
the cost of 3 pairs of Flat ear posts!	I will have to check into this!

Anyway the other is a game piece at my local hobby store.  It is about
an inch tall, comes in various colors, and several can be had for a
dollar.  It also looks like a tack, with a little round ball on top.

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: Seeking some scenery help Next: Replies to lots of stuff.....