Prev: Re: SG II Alternative models Next: RE: Metal minis vs. Plastic

Re: Seeking some scenery help

From: TEHughes@a...
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 13:48:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Seeking some scenery help

<< > And, on another note....  For an upcoming game of Full Thrust, I
 > need something to represent a "Jump Point".	This is not an
 > artificial, Babylon-5ish jump gate, it's more of a naturally
 > occuring fold in space kind thingie.  Sorry if I'm getting too
 > technical, here.  Anyway, I want to come up with some sort of 3-D
 > object to represent this, and my mind has utterly failed me.   >>

I would suggest you take a sheet of celophane (clear or colored, your
preference) paint a few Day-Glow lines and/or stars on it. Form it into
cone, then twist the cone tip end around a few times. Place it base down
on
that table and voila' -- you have a jump point twisting off to
infinity!!!!

Tom Hughes

P.S. Clear celophane (the non-sticking kind that you get from the
hardware
stores)
is an excellant construction material. I have a set of roads where I put
the
painted side down ( so it doesn't wear off) that I can use on any
terrain (
the background shows through), is remarkably flat, and the models with
small
bases don't tip over on the edges.

Prev: Re: SG II Alternative models Next: RE: Metal minis vs. Plastic