Prev: Re: Gurkhas in Stargrunt II. Next: Re: Seeking some scenery help

Seeking some scenery help

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 19:02:23 -0400
Subject: Seeking some scenery help

      Does anyone know of somewhere where I could obtain cheap plastic
aquarium plants?  And when I say cheap, I mean CHEAP.  Cheap in both
rice
and quality.  Especially price.  I'm not looking for anything that looks
like a real plant, you see.  I want plants in unnatural neon colors.  I
want
plants that, should you actually put them in an aquarium, would look as
though the Yellow Submarine should be sailing among them.  I want plants
that I can use to make my Stargrunt games look like they are set nowhere
on
Earth.	Yes, those are the kinds of plants that I want....
	Know where I could find some?  I've checked a variety of pet and
department stores, but the plants that I have found have all been, well,
natural looking.  Not in the least suitable.  Are there any on-line
stores
that might have what I am looking for?	Anyone?

	And, on another note....  For an upcoming game of Full Thrust, I
need something to represent a "Jump Point".  This is not an artificial,
Babylon-5ish jump gate, it's more of a naturally occuring fold in space
kind
thingie.  Sorry if I'm getting too technical, here.  Anyway, I want to
come
up with some sort of 3-D object to represent this, and my mind has
utterly
failed me.  Does anyone have an idea for something that would be
effective,
and yet east and cheap (yes, that word again--I'm a grad dtudent, and
"cheap" is an integral part of my vocabulary) to construct?  Any ideas
at
all would be appreciated....

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Gurkhas in Stargrunt II. Next: Re: Seeking some scenery help