Prev: Re: DSII Counters available at... Next: Seeking some scenery help

Re: Gurkhas in Stargrunt II.

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 17:11:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Gurkhas in Stargrunt II.

>> I think some modifications should be made for specific terrains, the
Gurkas
>> are excellent jungle troops but poor in Artic regions.
>
>Why would that be, aren't they recruited from Nepal in the himalayas?
>

>From what I've seen of Nepal on the TV/in print it can be divide into
both
tropical regions and mountains.  the Gurkas are raised mostsly from the
tropical/semi tropical regions.  The mountainous regions are not
artic-like
in their ecology.  I believe the mountainous regions below the snow line
are very dry and arid with little vegetation, above the snow line then I
guess you may call it artic because of the snow but people don't
generally
live that high (unless they are climbers !).

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461

Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re: DSII Counters available at... Next: Seeking some scenery help