Prev: Re: Metal minis vs. Plastic Next: Re: DSII Counters available at...

Re: Starship Troopers & Armour

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@i...>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 11:57:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Starship Troopers & Armour

On Sat, Aug 2, 1997 at 8:20:06 AM, Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@CMU.EDU>
wrote:

> Anyway, the ground fighting was all about wiping out the potential
threat
> to Earth.  Just one comment on this: while I realize that missile
> guidance systems didn't work in Banshee atmosphere, I can't believe
that
> saturation nuclear bombing wouldn't do the trick.  (What was that
comment
> again?  No problem is so bad it can't be solved by a sufficient
> application of high explosive? ^_- )

I'm having a hard enough time with the guidance systems not working, but
don't remember enough of the book to remember why that was the case.  I
would
think, though, that if we knew enough BEAM TROOPS DOWN, we could beam
warheads
down as well, or perhaps have the troops set a few ADMs...

On Sat, Aug 2, 1997 at 7:36:35 AM, Randy Campbell wrote:

> All the mentioned books are great military SF, and we could also
include
> "Hammers Slammers" in the list too.

Just last night I was describing my favorite "Slammers" scene -- where
they
wait for the enemy satellite to come above the horizon so they can take
it out
with the tank gun -- to one of the guys with whom I game.

Mayfair's _Hammer's Slammers_ game was okay, but it did lack some of the

flavor (as all of the Mayfair SF book games seemed to).  AH's old
_Starship
Troopers_ game had some problems, but I always thought that the system
could
be saved.   AH's new _Starship Troopers_ game sounds like it may be even
worse
than the movie.

-- Chris Weuve	 [My opinions, not my employer's.]
------
mailto:caw@wizard.net (h)	    Plan B is now in effect!
mailto:caw@intercon.com (w)
<http://www.mint.net/~kinzel/index.html>

Prev: Re: Metal minis vs. Plastic Next: Re: DSII Counters available at...