Prev: Metal minis vs. Plastic Next: RE: Metal minis vs. Plastic

Re: damn super dreadnoughts

From: Christopher Pratt <valen10@f...>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 22:06:45 -0400
Subject: Re: damn super dreadnoughts

Matt wrote:

> > Ok, new question...
> >
> > whats the best way to down a superdreadnought, much like the one
> > from the FT rule book, aside from another superdreadnought. and
> > don't tell me massed beam fire because it has 3 screens and i tried
> > a strike crusier from the MT rules book, the one with 2 pulse torps,
> > the dreadnought gutted with a single salvo before it go anywhere
> > near torp range.....
> >
> > ponder......missle crusiers next time....hummm
> >
> > chris "what do you mean 25 dice and only three hits" pratt
>
>	  3 answers here.  One, missiles, and lots of them.  Some EMP's
> disable the ship's systems, some regulars to blow those nice big
> holes in the dread.  Don't waste your time with needles.
>	  Two, Torpedoe(sp) armed fighters, and lots of them. Few dreads
can
> stop a massed fighter assault, and escourting ADAF ships are not easy
> to keep alive and bloody hard to use right.
>	  Three, your own Dread.
>
>		   Life is but a headlong charge into death,
>		    Die with honor.
>				    -- Matt Rawlings

I am kinda of in agreement with the needle missle school of thought...
somebody posted a design for a crusier that packed 8 missles, all
needle, and fan them so the dreadnought can't possibly avoid them all!!
once you down the sheilds, close in with the rest of you line ships and
and "try" to down it...
sounds like my stragety, next time somebody decides to take a
superdreadnought in a 1000 point game :)

thanks
i'll tell ya how it goes

chris "leaving for gencon tommarrow!!!!!!!!!!!" pratt
valen10@flash.net

Prev: Metal minis vs. Plastic Next: RE: Metal minis vs. Plastic