Prev: B5 Physics (was Re: OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars (Designers Comments)) Next: RE: B5 Physics

Re: Ship Prefix's

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:08:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Ship Prefix's

At 09:51 AM 7/30/97 -0400, you wrote:
>  True, but you're not German either.	If you really like AFV then I
>would think PKW would seem more appropriate.  You hear a lot about
>the APC here in the states, but it's only rarely expanded to Armored
>Personnel Carrier because that's a pain to say.

Panzerkampfwagen = 4 syllables (panzer kamph wag en)
PKW = 4 syllables (pee kay double you)

>On the other hand,
>"Panzer" is even easier to say than PKW.

Panzer = 1 syllable. You win.

>@:) Question: would Kennedy have made the same mistake if he had been
>@:) visiting Hamburg?
>
>  If he were visiting Hamburg he would have said "Ich bin eine
>Frickadelle",... <<snipped>>

It was a rhetorical question and a joke. I just find the idea of Kennedy
saying "Ich bin eine Hamburger" terribly hilarious for no apparent
reason.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: B5 Physics (was Re: OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars (Designers Comments)) Next: RE: B5 Physics