Prev: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs Next: Re: Ship Prefix's

B5 Physics (was Re: OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars (Designers Comments))

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:01:26 -0400
Subject: B5 Physics (was Re: OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars (Designers Comments))

At 09:08 PM 7/29/97 -0700, you wrote:

>The Really interesting bit is the phenomenon of Precession. Changing
the
>direction of things that are rotating is very difficult. They do odd,
>counter-intuitive things. Try some experiments at home, and you'll see
>what I mean.

Geez, you're right. God, has it really been about 12 years since I
studied
physics? The same reason a gyroscope doesn't fall off the piece of
string is
going to make an Omega class ship awful difficult to steer. Better shut
down
the rotating section before combat or there will be hell to pay. Of
course,
the show completely ignores this...

I found that I was a little less impressed with B5 in the second half of
this season. Sheridan acts like a complete idiot, the Shadow War was
over
far too quickly. What they've done with/to Garibaldi is interesting,
though.
I wonder what will happen now that Claudia Christian has been turfed
from
the show? The last show of the season has already been shot and she's
not
expected to return next season (unless JMS bows to fan pressure). I
wonder
how they're going to explain her disappearance. Maybe a lead White Star
with
Ivanova on board is about to go bye-bye.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs Next: Re: Ship Prefix's