Prev: Re: Convention FT Demo games (was: RE: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....) Next: Re: Convention FT Demo games (was: RE: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....)

Re: EAS Schwartzkopf in B5

From: <owner-ftgzg-l@b...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 18:53:03 -0400
Subject: Re: EAS Schwartzkopf in B5

>Hello out there,

HellooOOOooOOoooOoooOooooo....

>Can any of you give me any more info on the 'Schwartzkopf' seen in
>'Gropos' (this is Season 2 so should'nt need spoiler notes.)
>
>Mark Siefert  calls it a 'Nova' class Dreadnaught in his excellent B5
FT

>adaptation, in the B5 Multimedia CD its called a 'Gunship'. Does
anybody

>have any solid info on this, ie. from Warner bros or Agentsof Gaming.
>Using Mike Wikans counters for it and would like some more info if its
>out there.

I have nothing *solid* other than it strongly resembles the gunship-type
vessel we've seen in a scattering of eps here and there. It may be a
troop-transport variant of that. *shrug*  AoG seems to have most of the
canon material on the B5 gaming front ( I know they talk to JMS and
George
Johnsen pretty closely on stuff), and are supposed to be coming out with
a supplement in the near future with a bunch of EA ships (exactly what
form
this will take I don't remember; maybe check their webpage?)

>Also has anybody seen whilst studying the episodes any example of  ship
>based 'batteries/interceptors' stopping fighter weapons? I know various
>rule adaptations have allowed this.

I have not yet seen a SHIP-based weapon do interception fire against
fighters,
but I think we have seen B5 do just that...and B5 is just a really
really BIG
ship...so I can't see why mobile ships cannot intercept fighter weapons
fire.

For what it's worth.

Mk
-
Daune: "How can you be asleep and getting ready at the same time?"

Indy: "I'm multi-tasking..."