Prev: Re: Background Irrelevancy Next: Offer than off, was Re: even more off topic, Kryomek

RE: Counters wanted

From: "life is an ever swirling, sucking, eddy of dispair, which is filled with moments of false hope in an ever blackening universe - Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 03:56:53 -0400
Subject: RE: Counters wanted

On Tuesday, July 22, 1997 4:39 AM, Adrian Bruce
[SMTP:adrian@inetc.roland.co.jp] wrote:

> What would people have in mind for DSII counters?
>
> 1" (2"?) square/round desert( or should that be in 2 backgrounds like
> geo-hex terrain?) background with miniatures sized vehicles on them?

About 1" - slightly smaller than the actual mini - square - easier to do

arcs.
Also with a background that can make a transparent GIF easily.

> Just some Tanks, GEVs, Howizers, Powered Armour and VOTLs?

These classes would be fine to start.

> In different colors, or just in shades of gray so you could flood fill
> the machines your own team colors?

I'd prefer pre-colored - grey / kakhi / cammo / desert / winter

> Just a single sheet like the Mike Wikan B5 counters?

Yes - Single sheet per army.

> Is the sole purpose to turn the miniatures game into a boardgame and
> save all that money and trouble ( and space!!) on minis and terrain?

Also for PBEM. And saving space you can run it as a virtual board game.

> And while I've got your attention... I was supprised at first to see
> how 'vertically challenged' FT and DS miniatures are.

Never really struck me they were. NSL ships certainly aren't.

sincerely
tim jones
--
entropy requires no maintenance

Prev: Re: Background Irrelevancy Next: Offer than off, was Re: even more off topic, Kryomek