Prev: Re: AIs and such... Next: Re: Counters wanted

Re: FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks

From: "John M. Huber" <jhuber@o...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 18:29:38 -0400
Subject: Re: FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks

[using something akin to a cruise missile in my example]

I've had the impression that missiles are launched
out-of-direct-line-of-sight
of the enemy.  The missile has a course set and flys nap-of-earth,
evading
trees, buildings and, possibly, incoming anti-missile missiles.

In FT I would think that a launched missile would have to perform some
kind of
evasive actions against rocks, wreckage and anti-missile efforts.  Also,
we
are not talking about a surface launcher firing against a surface
target.
There is a "volume" of space to figure in that the target is moving
through.
Therefore, there must be some kind of expenditure of propellant ... ?

In high school chemistry I remember first learning about "Finnegan's
Constant".

You have the problem, you know the answer, but you are not sure exactly
how to
get from one to the other.  After laying-out the problem, if it does not
come-out to the exact answer you "add Finnegan's Constant" to the
equation to
make it work.  The teacher didn't buy it ... but it has been handy to
have.

FT has a marvelous flexibility so perhaps we could say that the
effort/energy/whatever it would take to reach from Point A to Point B is
three
G'zgs.	One G'zg is one turn's worth of whatever.

Okay, its a bit weird sounding but it could be a very handy solution to
many
problems and discussions.

John [just trying to help] Huber

Prev: Re: AIs and such... Next: Re: Counters wanted