Prev: Re: Honor Harrington Question? Next: Re: FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks

Re: AIs and such...

From: "Chris McCurry" <CMCCURR@v...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 18:14:17 -0400
Subject: Re: AIs and such...

>Any ideas as to how to tie this philosophical argument with the game
>mileu or the rules?

>Funny enough, I was thinking that it was about time to pull the thread
back to FT. I started the thread as >an attempt to justify what we see
in
FT based on an extrapolation of AI technology. To my mind, the idea of
>small ships and fighters having horrifically high casualty rates is no
problem: they are merely run by >computers and just a loss of hardware.

Well i'm not real sure how others play FT.. but on the scale that my
group
tends to like ... it would make almost no difference whether the ship
was
AI or not...

I would say mostly it depends on the type of universe and setting your
playing.

if AI is considered able to do human type thinking... (irrational)  or
if
it was strictly programed...

after that fact..
if it was human possible then it make no difference...	except that the
AI
could recall past experinces near purfect and proceed to kick some
Axel...

on the other hand if you wanted to say that the computer was
programed...
you could make the AI player / GM write orders for the AI for two (2)
turns
in advance instead of the usual one (1)... thus simulating the AI's
attempt
to used prevous battles to predict the human / alien manuvering...

Back on track

CMC

Prev: Re: Honor Harrington Question? Next: Re: FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks