Prev: (no subject) Next: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs

Re: Artificial Intelligence

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 22:45:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Artificial Intelligence

At 04:46 PM 7/15/97, you wrote:
>At 08:24 PM 7/15/97 -0300, Tom wrote:
>>We're noting Niven's fiction in this discussion,
>>

>	Niven's AIs all go insane.  They think so fast and get so bored
that they
>soon generate universes of their own within their own minds...  These
>universes are so much more interesting to them than our own that they
stop
>paying attention.  Either that they become comatose from the boredom.
snip
>	Phil P.

Like the sentient hyperspace-travelling lifts  in The Hitchhikers' Guide
the Galaxy...

"
Rob Paul
Dept. of Zoology
University of Oxford
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124

rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk

Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!
"

Prev: (no subject) Next: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs