Prev: Re: Couple of Questions Next: Re: FTL capable fighters <<B5 Spoiler Alert, if you haven't even , seen season 1 and 2>>

Re: Just wondering.....

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 10:05:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Just wondering.....

On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> >ANyone else have some good suggestions for low cost fig replacements.
 Of
> >course Jon won't; he WANTS us to buy figs!!!  ;)
>
> Sure we do - we've got to eat :)
> BUT we're also quite happy for people to play FT with anything they
want -
> in fact there are plenty of suggestions in the rules for making
> scratchbuilt ships.
> Have a look in a craft shop for all sorts of cheap glass/plastic beads
and
> things; the plastic "spares" from Games Workshop also can be very
useful
> (yes, they are good for SOMETHING!!) - take a couple of the "domed"
plain
> shields, stick them back-to-back and put a couple of plastic 25mm
weapons
> on the sides as "drives" - hey presto, instant Trek-shape ship!

One member of our games group has put together some scratchbuilt ships
using discarded household items -- currently, he plays FT with the
"SS Mennen" and the "SS Revlon," and he's working on the "SS Avon".

He once mentioned that he & his 10-year-old son were cleaning up in
their
garage, and as they were about to take the trash out to their trashcan,
his son asked (with a perfectly innocent look on his face), "don't you
want to go through it and make sure there isn't something in the trash
you
want to keep?"

--
Rick Rutherford ----- rickr@digex.net ----- The above opinions are mine.
"I've seen collisions on fire off the side of the ethernet LAN.

All these things will be lost in time, like dropped packets. Time to
die."