Prev: Re: Netscape Next: Superships and Fighter capacity.

Re: A small step

From: Alan Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 18:31:36 -0400
Subject: Re: A small step

Ludo Toen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it's been only a few minutes ago that the Mars pathfinder sent an all
> clear. (no bugs seen so far;)

Yes, we were going to go down the road to the Siding Springs Tracking
station at Tidbinbilla, so we could see the raw piccies before
processing and sending to Pasadena. After all, not many people would
know that this was the tracking station that was monitoring the mission,
right?
Wrong.
It was 1 am local time, mid winter and very cold, Canberra has only
300,000 people, but the place was PACKED. 90% Parents with their 6-12
year old kids.

100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture

Prev: Re: Netscape Next: Superships and Fighter capacity.