Prev: Full thrust Question Next: Re: Full thrust Question

Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 14:46:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

> > >Probably to stop people putting together fast, manuvuerable mini
> > >carriers that have nothing but a fighter group on board.

True, but like was said before, the smaller ship will be targeted.  As
for
someone pointing out that a smaller ship would not have recovery/repair
capability, not true.  The U.S.S. North Carolina carried two seaplanes
that
were (obviously) deployed and recovered in the water.  Taking this
example to
FT space, a smaller ship might have to actually "stop" and allow the
fighters
to fly back to it fore recovery, possibly to dock on the side rather
than
land in a bay.	I will admit that most likely the fighters would be
dastically limited in number (say two or three) and probably some sort
of
light attack craft.  Still, it would be interesting to play out.

> Why not allow smaller escort carriers the ability to carry smaller
light
> fighter types? No Heavy Fighters, Interceptors, etc...

Now this I like.  It would make since that a patrol/escort carrier would
only
have light craft.

Another thought to "weaken" fighter groups would be to expand the
endurance
rules.	I've noticed that in our fights, the fighters tend to buzz
around
until they have a juicy, undefended target to attack before they waste
their
"endurance."  Maybe have stated that fighters can only fly around for
say,
six turns, before having to go back to base.

> The other thing to look at is the Assault Carrier type of craft...

Now there's a thought!	The 150 Mass Assault Carrier carrying twelve
wings of
craft!

> ---		  Senator Koella Should go to JAIL !!		 ---
> --- Kill someone and leave the accident you should go to jail! ---

Oh look, another Tennessean; yeah, but when you're buddies with the
police,
the judge, and everybody that could enforce that sentence, what do you
think
the odds are?  I'd be happy if they'd recall him.

Prev: Full thrust Question Next: Re: Full thrust Question