Prev: Re: Just wondering..... Next: Re: A Full thrust ?

Re: Suddenly unsubscribed

From: Absolutely Barking Stars <JW4@b...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 04:08:51 -0400

At 12:28 PM 7/4/97 +1000, you wrote:
>I just received this:
<SNIP>
>Is there some automatic feature that removes people from the list for
some
>reason? I didn't send an unsubscribe message, but I haven't been
>contributing recently either (not much to say at the moment, hell).
>Can someone help out?
There is no automation, there is only me :). As it happens, you fell
fowl
of my 'rule of thumb' about errant mail messages.  Basically, I received
an
error message from your mail server  every day for a five day period.
That
means (usually) that the account is dead or the ISP has gone up the
tubes,
so I remove the account from the list of subscribers. Another possible
cause is that people go on holiday without temporarily unsubbing
themselves, their mail accounts over flow and the mail gets bounced
back.
As you have no doubt found out, people this happens to are perfectly
entitled to resub.

I apologise that this has happened to you (and indeed to anyone else it
may
have happened to in the past) but rest assured if I were dumping anyone
for
a reason other than that I describe above I would make sure they knew
about
it  beforehand. As of yet that hasn't been required. It's just a measure
have to take to keep the mailing list error messages down in double
figures. If this happens to anyone in the future and I haven't told them
why, get in touch with me personally and we'll sort it out.

			TTFN
				Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: Re: Just wondering..... Next: Re: A Full thrust ?