Prev: Re: Those Spiky Things Next: Re: Grav Bikes

Re: FAQs

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 04:21:42 -0400
Subject: Re: FAQs

>Hi, I'm new here and wanted to know if there is a FAQ section somewhere
that
>I can read before I start asking some already answered questions;
mainly,
>concerning interpretation of rules.
>
>No, I'm not a rule-stickler, but *someone* that I play with can be
sometimes.
> Figured it would help out with some clarification.

There is a FAQ out there somewhere, but can't remember the address - I'm
sure someone will post it here for you, or else just web-search under
FULL
THRUST and follow it from there.

>Jon;  just read the GZG newsletter and was wondering; do pics exist of
the
>"adult fig" section?  Like to get an idea of what is involved.  Plus,
what is
>"inked and polished"?

Right, all the GC range are illustrated in our catalogue, but not in
Paul
Owen's on-line version I'm afraid. GeoHex sell this range as the "JT's
Heavenly Bodies" line in the US, and they MAY have a few pics on their
web
site. If you would like our UK catalogue with all the piccies in, send
us 5
IRCs (International Reply Coupons, that you can buy from your Post
Office)
by snailmail to the address in the update.
The GC Adult range are a collection of mildly erotic, slightly naughty
little female figures, to 25mm scale, each supplied with a round pewter
display "plinth". Most are nude or semi-nude, and they are all VERY
attractive. They are much like the old "Phoenix Follies" bigger (90mm)
figures that you may have seen available for the collector of
"interesting
miniatures"... Some ARE actually useful as gaming miniatures (the
Assassin,
the Mercenary and the Demonette fall into this category, as does our new
Angel which a lot of buyers are using as a statue atop a fantasy-style
tomb
or temple!), but most of them are simply for fun! And before anyone
accuses
us of blatant sexism [ ;) ], it is pleasantly surprising how many
enlightened warganing wives/girlfriends buy them from us at shows,
either
as gifts for their partners or because they want to paint them
themselves!
"Inked & Polished" means the pewter casting is "blacked" (actually
chemically, with a silver nitrate solution, rather than actually using
ink
or paint, but the effect is the same as if you gave it a black ink wash)
and them polished in a mechanical drum polisher (like a giant commercial
version of the little "pebble polishers" you get in hobby stores); the
finished effect is a figure that is dark in the recesses, and highly
polished on the highlights, giving that attractive "antiqued" look - for
display piece it is a nice alternative to painting, especially on this
sort
of collectors' figure.

>Plus, as an American, must I order stuff from Geo-Hex, or does GZG have
>dollars to pounds conversion rate?

Anything that GeoHex have in production and on sale for the US should be
obtained via them as sole licensee, but they don't have any problem
 with us supplying directly anything that is not (or not yet) out in the
US.
Best to check with them first what is and isn't available yet. The £ to
$
rate will be advised by your bank if you ask them - all payments to us
need
to be as a bank cheque in £ sterling anyway, payable thru a UK bank. At
the
moment I think it is somewhere around 1.7 $ to the £.

>Jeff Shoffner
>
>PS  Someone quoted Hen3ry:  "Life is like a sewer...."  Ah! Another Tom
Leher
>fan.....

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Those Spiky Things Next: Re: Grav Bikes